Saturday, January 19, 2013

PiBoIdMo 2012!

So, first to address the elephant in the room. No I haven't written on this blog in a long time, but that doesn't mean I haven't written! In fact, thanks to PiBoIdMo (Picture Book Idea Month), I have a treasure chest full of picture ideas for 2013! The idea behind PiBoIdMo was to create an idea a day during the month of November. Thirty days. Thirty Ideas. Short of giving birth, this was my toughest writing challenge yet.

There were some days where I had nada! And then came the days where I'd come up with 5 ideas! Oh joy!

I want to thank Tara Lazar for creating this challenge for writers. It was scary yet beautiful at the same time. Now that it's over, it's only natural to make the transition to the next writing challenge: 12 by 12! This is being run by Julie Hedlund and for more information, you can go to www.juliehedlund.com/12-x-12 The idea is to create one picture book a month. Sounds easy, right? (as I slowly eat away at what nails I have left)

Onward and upward in 2013! I'm not giving up on this writing thing yet. The writing community has to be the most supportive, close-knit group of cheerleaders I've ever encountered. Keep writing people!

No comments: