Thursday, January 24, 2013

ACK! Need Etiquette Advice!

Probably a silly question, but I have to ask. If an agent states in the newest edition of the Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market that she is specifically looking for a book written on a particular topic (and even says "Query me!"), but her website says she is closed to new submissions, do you just NOT submit and wait until she's open again? Or do you query her and say "Hey, you said this in XYZ book and asked to be queried on this exact topic, so here it is!" ACK! I need to know what is the proper etiquette! Help???

Onto other news, I submitted "Freedom Soup" today to Scott Triemel NY. Last year, I had won an auction through SCBWI and had the opportunity of having a phone conference with agent John Cusick. That was exciting and deathly frightening all at the same time. At the time, I had submitted a middle grade book. This time around, I submitted my newest picture book. 

I've also submitted for the writing position at Everything Girls Love Magazine. There are thousands of writers applying for that. But hey, a girl can dream, right? Dr. King had a dream and look what happened!

Fingers crossed for all of these opportunities that lie ahead!

No comments: