Wednesday, November 5, 2008

About Me

So, why am I here? My hubby suggested that since I talk, think, dream and write so much, I need a place to let it all out. Now that I think about it, he probably sent me here to shut me up! You see, he likes peace and silence. And some times even silence is too loud for him! Me, on the other hand, I need noise, movement, action. I can't exist without it!

Allow me to break down my life and all that means anything:

Teacher: I have been an elementary school teacher since 2002. Since then, my students have made me laugh, made me cry but most of all they have inspired me. They have renewed within me a love of learning, reading and writing. It is because of them I picked up a pen and pad and wrote my first novel this past year.

Doctoral student: By far the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life! But let's not talk anymore about it. Just thinking about all the work I have to submit weekly is enough to make my skin crawl.

Writer: Ahh....to live a life in a world where all I could do is read and write and not have to worry about mortgage and property taxes! Yeah...that would be nice. Truth is, I have been writing stories since I could hold a pencil correctly. I never thought about pursuing it seriously until this past year when I began writing a novel based upon an idea my students sparked within me one day during a writing lesson. The title of my book is Armstrong and the curse of Snake Island. I have already started working on the sequel, though at this point it is untitled.

Pageant Director: I have been involved in pageants since the age of 13....no not the beehive hair, caked-on make-up type of pageants. I have won several titles, scholarships and awards over the years. I've lost some too. But nevertheless, it was always a learning experience and I have met some of the BEST people whom I will be connected to for life. Currently, I direct the Miss New England American Coed Pageant. Visit my website at www.ne-coed.com to learn all about American Coed.

Above all these things, I am happily married and very close to my family. Well, that's me...defined!!

Tami

No comments: