Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Little Bit of This & A Little Bit of That...

October came in with a whisper and marched out like a giant. Between managing a class of always-excited third graders, holding down the home front with a three year old (who NEVER stops moving), a greedy, lazy Beagle, and a husband who I'm convinced is a 5 year old trapped in a 35 year old man's body, let's just say life has been pretty "interesting."

Business aside, I haven't given up my writing appetite. I had the opportunity to attend the Rutgers One on One Conference on October 19th and what an experience! For every conference attendee, there was one author, editor, or agent. Can you say SCORE? At the beginning of the conference, they separated the attendees and the professionals with an air wall. Then the conference organizer, Marietta Zacker, told us that the air wall would open momentarily. And when it did, the scene turned into a real live "Hunger Games!" Every writer for himself! Find your agent! Find your editor! Impress them with your writing savvy! It was great and I loved every second of it! It was definitely worth every penny and I hope to be selected to attend next year's conference.

On to November....I've pushed my Picture Book writing aside (for a moment). My focus this month is Nanowrimo. 50,000 words written in 30 days. I know, I must be friggin' nuts! I'm holding strong at 41,827 words and hope to finish before Thanksgiving. December will be spent editing and revising. But let's be honest, I'll probably edit and revise for the next year...or three! I'm hoping to fix it up enough to submit it for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest in January and then really get it ready in time to pitch it at my FAVORITE writing event...the NJSCBWI June Conference!

I hope everyone will take a moment to smell the pumpkins and enjoy the holiday season with your loved ones!

Til next time....
Tami

No comments: